Tuesday, February 22, 2022

DIY Helical Antenna 5.8GHz (10 Turn): Mossel Bay Mesh Network

Here is my version of the 10 turn 5.8Ghz Helical Antenna described by Andrew McNeil

Link: https://www.instructables.com/Helical-Antenna-58GHz-10-Turn/











This antenna is currently installed on the ZS1I-5 Mesh Node and pointing towards the ZS2I-1 Mesh Node.  This antenna is very directional but work extremely well.  Up to now this antenna has proven itself and till today no connectivity losses occurred even in rainy weather. Approx cost of this antenna = R100 bucks as I had many of the required parts in my junkbox.  Thanks must go to
Andrew MCneil for his guidence and well explained tutorial for this antenna.

Mark ZS4OIL donate radio to be used on the ZS Link Hub Network in Mossel Bay!

Now here is a story of  real amateur radio spirit and no Mark ZS4OIL does not know that I am writing an article about his kindness.  In toda...