Tuesday, March 22, 2022

THE BILKO - A QRP ONE WATT CW TRANSMITTER


 

I constructed the Bilko 1 watt CW Transmitter in June 2003 from a article published in the June 1998 Radio ZS.  I am sure that the SARL and Editor of the Radio ZS would not mind that I created a PDF copy of this article for publication on the GRHub Network Blog.

This is truly a gem that should be explored by those interested in CW.  I made several contacts with this rig before I sold it in 2003.  If you are looking for a simple but yet effective QRP transmitter then you should give this rig a try.  The only problem I foresee is finding the correct  crystals for the transmitter.  I am sure you will somewhere get hold of the crystals for this purpose. 

I am not going to go into great detail here as the article describe the build of the rig in full.  I however only build a 20 meter version.

The PDF file can be downloaded by clicking HERE.






Click  on images for larger view.


Mark ZS4OIL donate radio to be used on the ZS Link Hub Network in Mossel Bay!

Now here is a story of  real amateur radio spirit and no Mark ZS4OIL does not know that I am writing an article about his kindness.  In toda...